Central Asia news
16.05.2015 17:13 msk
On the eve of his 64th birthday anniversary, human rights activist Azimjan Askarov wrote a letter of gratitude addressed to all those who supported and continue supporting him—friends, co-workers, international organizations and private entities. “Over just two months of the new year of 2015, I have received some 1 500 letters from the five continents of Earth. Last year, I received drawings by 10-12 year old schoolchildren from Stockholm. They provided me with spiritual support by the means of such short letters. This year, I have received letters from Jamey, 4, Svetlana’s son, and Peter, 75, and his wife Tuha, 74, from England,” Azimjan Askarov writes. “The authors wish me soonest release, peace and tranquillity. They write that I need to know that I am not alone and a big number of my friends think of me every hour, every day. They wish me strength and restoration of justice in my case. They write that they pray for my soonest release and that they astonished with my courage. I am limitlessly thankful to the authors of these numerous letters for all the care and support they express. I am very sorry I do not have the opportunity to write to each and every one of these wonderful people with great hearts”.
09.07.2014 23:47 msk
Turkey, Republic of
Speak Up is part of the largest language school network in Poland, which belongs to the international capital group Empik Media & Fashion. In 2012 revenues of the Group were about PLN 3.2 billion (over 1 trillion USD). The language school division is represented by Learning System Group (LSG) which operates 115 schools with more than 100.000 students. LSG is the leader in teaching foreign languages in Central and Eastern Europe. Being listed in Warsaw Stock Exchange since 1997, EMF has become one of the leading distributors of language courses, media, clothing, cosmetics and children’s products in Central Europe. It includes well-known brands as Hugo Boss, River Island and Esprit. Our school has been recognized in the prestigious Book of Lists 2012 , taking first place in the category of number of students and offer. Speak Up specializes in teaching English to adults using a unique method that combines the most modern multimedia tools with classes conducted by highly qualified instructors. There are Speak Up schools all over Poland, Russia, Ukraine and Turkey.
- Lawyer Nurbek Toktakunov: Kyrgyz ombudsman’s power is in lack of authority
- What freedom?! Posing the “Uzbek question” to the OSCE representative for mass media
- Kyrgyzstan: Kamchibek Tashiyev freed. Parliament’s dissolution imminent?
- Sergey Abashin: Osh events at crossroads of oblivion
- “Negotiations” lead to scuffle and power usurpation in Kyrgyzstan
- Silent approval: Judges “sustain” beating advocates in Kyrgyz courts
- Kyrgyz state communications agency chief allows unblocking Fergana access
- Kyrgyzstan: Revolutions no more?
- Kyrgyzstan: Rights activists continue insisting authorities objectively reconsider Azimjan Askarov case
- Kyrgyzstan’s “own” aliens from abroad
- Kyrgyzstan's Osh Mayor Myrzakmatov: The city savior and Man of Year?
- Kyrgyzstan-Uzbekistan: Incident leads to hostage taking, mutual accusations
- Kyrgyzstan: Judge rules parliament and government to be called to account for Fergana website ban
- Bishkek: The end of light and gas
- Hero of the day: Kyrgyz SDPK MP suggested death sentence by electric chair to prisoners serving life
- Letter to Azimjan Askarov, or New York will wait for the laureate
- Azimjan Askarov Takes His Torture and Unfair Trial in Kyrgyzstan to Human Rights Committee
- Human Rights Watch: Skewed Justice Over 2010 Conflict in Kyrgyzstan
- Knut Vollebaek: The underlying reasons for the June events have still not been eradicated
- Maksim Bakiyev tracked not only in Bishkek, but also in the States?
- Kyrgyzstan: There will be no Revolution-3 or The opposition’s voluntary fiasco
- Kyrgyzstan: journalists picket “Let’s show parliament our teeth”
- Kyrgyzstan: Azimzhan Askarov’s lawyers insist on review of his case
- Detailed chronology of the Osh events in the period from April 29 to June 15, 2010 published
- Kyrgyzstan: "Tragedy in the South"
- Living in Osh: Cheremushki, tourists, mazaar, lepeshki and bazaar
- Experts condemn blocking Fergana’s website as illegal and senseless
- Kyrgyzstan: A nazi and a drug lord in charge of police in Osh?
- "In Kyrgyzstan, corruption is not a problem for the state, it IS the state"
- Kyrgyzstan: Who’s gonna rescue the victims of “ethnic tortures”?
- Kyrgyzstan: Sexual violence amidst ethnic conflict
- Q & A: Khudaiberdiyev on Kyrgyz trial, press freedom
- Almazbek Atambaev inaugurated as the president of Kyrgyzstan
- Sex slavery: personal story in detail
- Q & A: Dzhavlon Mirzakhodzhayev on Kyrgyz 'justice'
- Presidential election in Kyrgyzstan to contribute to regionalism and set the grounds for future opposition
- Kyrgyzstan: Who’s Checking Parliament?
- A Murder in Kyrgyzstan. Is a prominent human rights activist also a cop killer?
- The head of Kyrgyzstan's security services talks about the creation of the Islamic Movement of Kyrgyzstan
- Kyrgyzstan: Uzbek Community Leaders All Accused of Separatism
- Investigation of the “June events”: vengeance instead of justice
- Experts talk the first anniversary of another Kyrgyz revolution
- Osh: Winter in Transitional Housing
- Kyrgyz bifurcation
- Kadyrzhan Batyrov: Kyrgyz authorities failed to train people to work and pay bills
- Osh report: quick conclusions, lost opportunities
- Uzbek separatism – fiction of politicians or threatening reality in Kyrgyzstan?
- Alexander Knyazev: Kyrgyzstan is the first candidate to repeat the Kosovo scenario
- Kyrgyzstan: Who is who? The deputies "modeled" the Cabinet Council
- Kyrgyzstan: Black lists of June
- Alexander Knyazev: Terrorism will become the part of everyday life in Kyrgyzstan
- Vugar Khalilov: Investigators told me, "how can you be not guilty if the journalists keep saying that you are Bakievist?!
- Aziza Abdirasulova: They call pogroms as meetings, they call arson as meeting…
- Kyrgyzstan: Over the precipice of parliamentarism in deception
- Look who is here. Pro-Russian … Nazi won parliamentary elections in Kyrgyzstan
- Visions and demons in Kyrgyzstan
- Kyrgyzstan: People are condemned for unusual call to prayer and call for help
- Tolekan Ismailova: “The investigation of southern events is strategic issue”
- No choice elections: Twin brothers at the party scene of Kyrgyzstan
- The glimmer of hope in bloody Kyrgyzstan
- Medecins Sans Frontieres reports continuous violence in south Kyrgyzstan
- Who will succeed Akhmat Bakiev?
- Osh chronicles: The residents of the devastated Teshik-Tash residential area are still waiting for local authorities to pay attention to them
- Osh: Big tragedy of small street (photo)
- Kyrgyzstan: The human rights advocates are in danger
- Parliamentary republic, non-parliamentary public
- Kyrgyzstan: New Evidence Emerges on Brutality of Attacks
- The ethnicisation of violence in Southern Kyrgyzstan
- Fighting for ourselves, we are fighting against…? On the Role of Ethnicity in the Tragic Events in Southern Kyrgyzstan
- Kyrghyz and Uzbeks in Osh: Just another local interethnic conflict?
- The war with no winners: The most difficult is to forgive and live on
- Danish journalist Michael Andersen: I am ashamed that European media and politicians do not understand the tragedy in Kyrgyzstan
- War in the South of Kyrgyzstan: Present for Bakiev or Osh, STOP!
- Kyrgyz South and Uzbek issue
- Roza Otunbaeva: The interim president in emergency
- Southern Kyrgyzstan: May the criminal fights lead to ethnic conflicts?
- The story of polygamist Bakiev
- Breaking point: Why the Kyrgyz lost their patience
- Kyrgyzstan: The expropriation of property from richer people is fair in "peoples" understanding
- Logic Behind The Kyrgyz Chaos
- «Bakiev’s case» – the tragedy of one family and one country
- Stopping prohibited. More challenges are still to come
- Third day: Bakiev is not needed any more
- Not a victory day. Brief conclusions of the second revolution day in Kyrgyzstan
- Black Tuesday in Talas. What will happen next?
- Kyrgyzstan: The requiem on dead journalism
- The alleged murderer of Gennadiy Pavlyuk is the officer of Kyrgyz secret service
- How to make Bishkek more comfortable for visitors and citizens?
- Kyrgyzstan: Who sponsors the murder of dissidents?
- Kyrgyzstan: The security officers tried to accuse the human rights activist Bakhrom Khamroev in espionage and extremism
- Kyrgyzstan: Who will take the Bishkek house of Askar Akaev?
- "Let them burn it…"Askar Akaev is outraged with disorder in Kyrgyzstan
- Inevitable family rule in Kyrgyzstan
- The Turkmenbashi won the election in Kyrgyzstan
- The winner is known, but the opponents still struggle
- Outstanding schemers. Moscow and Bishkek played out the Manas intrigue to the end
- Modern election campaigning and propaganda in Kyrgyzstan
- The Pentagon Goes out of Its Way to Retain the Airbase in Kyrgyzstan
- Shootings at Kyrgyz-Uzbek border
- NATO airbase in Kyrgyzstan: Leaving or staying
- The residents of Chek village in the border area are asking to relocate them to Kyrgyzstan
- Miroslav Niyazov: We have acute shortage of political forces, able to lead the country out of crisis
- Kyrgyzstan: Three journalists became the winners of Alisher Saipov annual award
- Kyrgyzstan: New Agreement on Kumtor Divides Kyrgyz Elites
- Kyrgyzstan: The opposition forces demand the resignation of Kurmanbek Bakiev
- Edil Baisalov: The mission of the next President is to clean up the political area, establish new game rules and leave
- Kyrgyzstan: Internal Affairs Ministry Head to take personal control over the assault of Reporter journalist
- Photographer Rena Effendi: I'd like to go back to Osh and discover what happened to these people
- Kyrgyzstan: Is President Kurmanbek Bakiyev trading the US Army for Russian dollars?
- Kyrgyzstan: Criminal charges to be fabricated against the opposition
- No justice for Alisher
- Kyrgyzstan: Energy Crisis Challenges Bakiev’s Presidency
- Ferghana.ru Remembers Alisher Saipov on His Birthday
- Kyrgyz Deputy Blames Department of Civil Aviation for Airplane Crash
- Kyrgyz Prime-Minister: “My Premiership in Hands of Ak Jol Party”
- Central Asian States Should Start Negotiations over Water, Give Up Rigid Positions
- Kyrgyzstan: Nine Medics Found Guilty for Infecting Children with HIV
- Director of Cement Plant Pursues Libel Charges, Denies Wrongdoing
- Kyrgyzstan: Energy Crisis Hits Hard Small Businesses
- Another Libel Suit Against Press Brought in Kyrgyzstan
- Ministry of Agriculture: Kyrgyzstan is Out of Danger From Food Crisis
- Kyrgyzstan: People to Pay for Energy Crisis
- New chairman of the Kyrgyz parliament: defector, smuggler, or "terrorist"?
- Kyrgyz nationals cannot afford meat or milk available at a prohibitively high price
- Kyrgyzstan: Authorities strive to ensure food security
- Kyrgyzstan: What enemies will the brother protect the president from?
- Kyrgyzstan: President K.Bakiyev takes control of the parliament
- Kyrgyzstan: Alisher Saipov Awards go to gallant journalists
- Officer of the Kyrgyz traffic police shot Russian serviceman from the Kant AF Base
- Elmira Ibraimova: Borders оf Kyrgyzstan comply with national interests
- Kyrgyzstan: Attempt to have children cured resulted in contamination and loss of family
- Kyrgyzstan: National Security Committee chose Russian journalists for scapegoats
- Kyrgyzstan: Kurmanbek Bakiyev's comment on the rumors
- Kyrgyzstan celebrated third anniversary of Revolution
- The coming of spring is to be celebrated without the president for the second time in the history of sovereign Kyrgyzstan
- Azimbek Beknazarov: Blood of the Aksy victims toppled Akayev's regime, and that's what awaits the powers-that-be nowadays
- Opposition leader Azimbek Beknazarov threatens the Kyrgyz authorities
- Kyrgyzstan: Omurbek Tekebayev predicts deterioration of the political situation soon
- Kyrgyz neighbors take over its national economy and water resources
- Kyrgyzstan, the political portrait. Naryn Province governor O.Suvanaliev
- Kyrgyz authorities neglect disturbing forecasts by seismic experts
- Look who is here! A brief review of the new parliament of Kyrgyzstan
- Kyrgyzstan: Kurmanbek Bakiev addressed the government and Parliament
- Kyrgyzstan: Murdered Alisher Saipov honored with award
- Kyrgyzstan: several organizations merged into an opposition movement
- Kyrgyz court turned down the request to have the US AF Base ousted
- The parliament of Kyrgyzstan elected a new chairman and endorsed prime minister
- Kyrgyzstan: Kurban Bairam celebration ended in battering and arrests
- Kyrgyz Central Electoral Commission exposed the outcome of the snap parliamentary election
- Kyrgyz elections fail to meet a number of OSCE commitments in missed opportunity
- Election in Kyrgyzstan bears a strong resemblance to the recent parliamentary campaign in Russia
- The new parliament of Kyrgyzstan may become single-party
- Kyrgyzstan: President Bakiyev's Ak Jol is the leader of the parliamentary race
- Kyrgyzstan: Dual citizenship is to be introduced soon
- Over 600 international observers to monitor Kyrgyz parliamentary polls
- Where is Kyrgyzstan's «transit nature» leading?
- What caused disillusionment in the Tulip Revolutionaries?
- Alisher Saipov's assassination: Let's face the truth!
- An update on delimitation of the borders of Kyrgyzstan
- Kyrgyzstan: both free-lancers and «pro-government» journalists fear for their safety