Central Asia news
09.07.2014 23:47 msk
Turkey, Republic of
Speak Up is part of the largest language school network in Poland, which belongs to the international capital group Empik Media & Fashion. In 2012 revenues of the Group were about PLN 3.2 billion (over 1 trillion USD). The language school division is represented by Learning System Group (LSG) which operates 115 schools with more than 100.000 students. LSG is the leader in teaching foreign languages in Central and Eastern Europe. Being listed in Warsaw Stock Exchange since 1997, EMF has become one of the leading distributors of language courses, media, clothing, cosmetics and children’s products in Central Europe. It includes well-known brands as Hugo Boss, River Island and Esprit. Our school has been recognized in the prestigious Book of Lists 2012 , taking first place in the category of number of students and offer. Speak Up specializes in teaching English to adults using a unique method that combines the most modern multimedia tools with classes conducted by highly qualified instructors. There are Speak Up schools all over Poland, Russia, Ukraine and Turkey.
09.06.2014 12:12 msk
The Birdamlik political opposition movement hosted a convention in St. Louis, USA, late April, and stirred a fair amount interest in the movement. We have written many articles on the founder of the movement, Mr. Bakhodir Choriyev, and his ideas for a nonviolent regime change in Uzbekistan; we have also posted the platform of the movement and Mr. Choriyev statement on the launch of a “velvet” revolution in Uzbekistan on our website. All these publications drew sympathy and a few smiles, for such plans seemed unfeasible. After all, what kind of velvet revolution in Uzbekistan could one talk about? But Mr. Choriyev convened like-minded people and the supporters of the democratic movement from Russia, Kazakhstan, Europe, Canada and the USA to the city of St. Louis, where he currently resides. The topic of nonviolent [civil] resistance seems to be gaining traction, and we decided to get to know Mr. Choriyev better.
- AN OPEN LETTER TO JOURNALISTS AND PHOTOGRAPHERS OF RUSSIA AND UKRAINE, TO ALL THEIR COLLEAGUES WORLDWIDE
- Uzbekistan: Non Format club photos censored (photo, video)
- IT break, or Why Migrants Need Internet
- Uzbek prisoned writers’ books issued in UK
- A former inmate in Uzbekistan: Everything in penitentiaries is aimed at destroying humans
- Gulnara Karimova: “I am not using the word ‘democracy,’ mind you!”
- Family Ties: What Enriches Uzbekistan Secret Police Chief’s Family
- Uzbekistan: Erk Party… Is there such a party?
- Uzbekistan targets NGOs’ finances
- Uzbek Journalist Muhammad Bekjan Awarded Press Freedom International Award after 15 Years of Imprisonment…
- Uzbekistan: Veteran US NGO Worker Paralyzed by Stroke Risks Ending Up on Streets of Tashkent
- Uzbekistan: Esprit De Corps More Important Than Death in Custody During Questioning?
- Uzbekistan: Thinking out loud about Gulnara Karimova as her father’s “victim”
- Slain journalist Alisher’s daughter Zulaykho: “My father was a journalist!”
- Russians Worried about Spread of Cancer-Causing "Sucking Tobacco" from Central Asia
- Uzbekistan: The Birdamlik Movement will evolve into a political party
- Breasts, fish, cotton - why did Uzbeks jail reporter Sergei Naumov?
- Missing Uzbek journalist sentenced to serve brief term for “hooliganism”
- Uzbek journalist Sergey Naumov detained by police, whereabouts unknown
- More children die on cotton fields in Uzbekistan
- The world did not hear us
- Vox populi: Society does not believe the country has future
- Birdamlik Opposition Movement allocates $16K to initiate “velvet revolution” in Uzbekistan
- Nadejda Atayeva: Seven-year imprisonment sentence and property confiscation for human rights activism
- Bakhodir Choriyev: My father’s case is testimony to legal nihilism and injustice in Uzbekistan
- Merciless Uzbekistan: New law on registration throws orphans out to street
- Western fast food in Kyrgyz south: kitsch, affordable, tasty
- New place, old problems: No water or electricity. Glimpsing at life of resettles in Osh (images)
- Uzbekistan’s New Centurions
- Independence «joys»: Who is to fill the Uzbek budget?
- Uzbekistan: Want to marry? See a doctor!
- Floor given to Uzbek opposition: Failure and degradation or unification and progress?
- Uzbek president’s younger daughter buys $58m palace in California
- Doctors in Uzbekistan on cotton fields: “Impossible to refuse”
- Islam Karimov: Far from reality
- Catherine Fitzpatrick: Uzbek nation entitled to all rights as others, but not right to extremism
- Fazliddin Kurbanov’s case, or How President Islam Karimov’s opponents are persecuted in the USA
- German airbase in Uzbekistan: Illegal market for German goods
- Uzbek President: “It is impossible to encircle the Internet with an iron fence or ban it”
- Uzbek opposition leader insists President Karimov suffered heart failure
- Islam Karimov and the Goldfish
- Uzbekistan: New Ferghana Railway Plan Tweaks Tajikistan
- “The State, it is I” or An unsuccessful bid to meet Gulnara Karimova
- “The Ministry of Truth” of Uzbekistan: Art of lying through teeth
- Traveling back into history: Bukharan Emirs establish and build the Grand Mosque of Saint Petersburg
- Kyrgyzstan’s “own” aliens from abroad
- Islam’s agony: Uzbek President Karimov finds himself and Uzbekistan in historical dead-end
- Uzbekistan 2012: Resume and forecast. Part II: Farewell, MTS!
- Uzbekistan 2012: Resume and forecast. Part I
- Uzbekistan: “You need to die to reach Sokh”
- Song for Dad, or Gulnara’s off-pitch
- Uzbekistan 2012 Cotton Harvest: Continued State-Sponsored Forced Labor of Children and Adults
- Andrew Stroehlein: Letter to Gulnara Karimova
- Uzbek government Vice President – Rustam Azimov: successor or scape goat?
- Human Rights Watch: Free Uzbek Political Prisoners on Constitution Day
- Gulnara Karimova and film: Gerard Depardieu as the latest whim of the Uzbek princess
- Association for Human Rights in Central Asia: There are more than 2,000 political prisoners in Uzbekistan
- Obidhon Nazarov, imam shot in Sweden, is recovering and Uzbeks leave Stromsund
- Investigation: What happened to TeliaSonera in Uzbekistan?
- US Ambassador in Uzbekistan George Krol: "We recognize democracy may develop and look differently in Uzbekistan."
- Gayane Avakyan and TeliaSonera or Swedish Krona for Googoosha
- Uzbekistan: renaissance of street crime in previously safe Tashkent
- MTS Uzbekistan court case: “Faster, faster!”
- Uzbekistan: Parents sent to the cotton fields instead of their children
- Dumb slaves, or Cotton under the barrel of a gun
- Uzbekistan: letter from the penal colony «Jaslyk» on new cases of torture
- Dance of devils – a new novel by Hamid Ismailov
- A tragedy foretold: Norway condemns Uzbek activist to jail and torture
- Uzbekistan: Farewell to CSTO
- Planned Inefficiency in Uzbek Cotton Sector
- Responsible Sourcing Networks recommends: Exposure to Uzbek cotton may seriously damage your reputation
- Uzbek authorities fear spread of Arab Spring and tighten control of internet use by youth
- Trial for Russian pensioner arrested for a pack of pills has been canceled
- Loss of time, business and freedom: that’s all foreign investors get in Uzbekistan
- Uzbekistan: Old Russian woman to go to jail for a pack of pills
- Anti-prostitution campaign run across Uzbekistan
- Shooting in Tashkent: People killed as a result of a violent prison riot suppression
- Uzbekistan: New members of the “persecuted journalists” club
- Uzbekistan: 50th birthday in prison
- Uzbekistan: Rustam Usmanov’s son applies to the president of Uzbekistan for a pardon
- Rustam Usmanov’s simple math: Fourteen plus two
- Uzbekistan: Jamshid Mukhtorov arrested in the USA and a former police officer from Uzbekistan used to be friends
- Uzbekistan: What’s the use of “corn labyrinths” for tourism development?
- France: Human right activists extend their congratulations to Islam Karimov, too
- Villagers in Uzbekistan are freezing without natural gas which has been exported abroad
- In courting Uzbekistan, the United States stoops too low
- Fabric of Abuse: Fashion world snubs fruits of Uzbek child labor
- Uzbekistan: Psychologist Maxim Popov freed from jail
- Uzbekistan: Citizen of Russia Yuri Korepanov released from custody, but cannot leave Uzbekistan
- Uzbekistan: Famous Opposition Figure Aims to Make President Step Down Peacefully
- New oppositional Popular Movement of Uzbekistan instigates civil disobedience
- Moscow based human rights group “Memorial” has published another report on political persecution in Uzbekistan
- Uzbekistan: Links Between Journalists and Foreign Embassies Placed Under Control
- Satellite dish sales are booming in the Uzbek capital
- Uzbekistan: No journalist is immune from slander, defamation charges
- Uzbek Mass Media Ignore, Alter ME Events
- Uzbekistan: Justice Ministry denied the accreditation of another representative of Human Rights Watch
- Uzbekistan: Ezgulik asked to the World Bank to correct the mistakes
- Over 700 movies are prohibited in Uzbekistan
- New political party is being established in Uzbekistan
- Uzbekistan: The number of plants in the Red Book list increased
- USAID program on prevention of HIV and tuberculosis started in Uzbekistan
- Abdumannob Pulat passed away
- Tortures in Uzbekistan: The position of former prisoner Sanjar Umarov produced sharp criticism from his "colleagues"
- Uzbekistan: Another journalist is expecting the trial
- Uzbekistan: Famous family in Kokand became the victim of mafia security structures
- The biggest globe in Uzbekistan was solemnly presented in Bukhara
- Uzbekistan: The employees of National Television and Radio Company sharply criticized the management
- Uzbekistan: The government continues persecuting journalists
- How to become the student in Uzbekistan or "the price" of admission
- Uzbekistan: The Church of Christ is suspended in Tashkent; eight members of it are brought to trial
- Uzbekistan: The clearance of plane trees, oaks and elms reached the graveyards
- Andijan: Five years of pain and fear
- The international campaign in protection of Maxim Popov is launched
- BBC World Service appoints Hamid Ismailov as Writer in Residence
- «I hate stupidity and flattery...» Maxim Popov, his friends and enemies
- Seven years of jail for AIDS prevention. How Maxim Popov "was absorbed"
- Uzbekistan: The hundreds of National Bank clients lost their money
- What is the true purpose of the anti-Tajik protests in Uzbekistan?
- Good job for unwedded mothers
- Uzbekistan: The government limits foreign travel for healthcare workers
- The secret of Namangan-2008: Two years since mass HIV inspection at children’s hospitals
- Surat Ikramov: The judicial and legal reform in Uzbekistan is the plan, but not action
- Dilshod Usmanov: The future of our country is the future of our children
- The conflicts at Kyrgyz-Uzbek border became more frequent
- Uzbek secret services collect the records about independent journalists
- Uzbekistan: The embassies of USA and Russia awarded best journalists of the year
- The International Group to support Umida Ahmedova
- American military uniform is highly demanded in Uzbekistan
- Uzbekistan: The criminal case has been filed against the photographer and documentary film maker Umida Akhmedova
- Uzbekistan's rating. Shall President Karimov take pride in "accomplishments"?
- Uzbekistan: The first POS terminals appeared in the markets of Tashkent
- The US government is not planning to resume military cooperation with Uzbekistan
- Good bye the Tashkent Public Garden!
- Movement Against Karimov in Europe
- Uzbekistan: Only one bookstore remained in Samarqand
- Opposition activist against his will. Businessman Bahodir Choriyev's story
- Uzbekistan: News from the Fields
- Uzbekistan: Film Industry Flourishes After a Decade of Post-Soviet Decline
- Uzbekistan: The students in the Tashkent Oblast do not go to secondary schools (photo)
- Uzbek field chronicle-2009: the Syr Darya children
- Uzbekistan: Surkhandarya students pick cotton, ones in Ferghana continue their studies
- Uzbekistan: "Wanted" Posters All Over Tashkent
- Tashkent's jubilee. It happens once every 2,200 years
- The schools in Uzbekistan see sharp deficit of textbooks
- Skirmish in Tashkent. Attempt at live commentary
- Uzbekistan: Unassailable pest of the Aral Sea
- Dosym Satpayev: Uzbekistan is one of the major destabilization factors in the region
- Uzbekistan: Human rights society calls for justice
- Uzbekistan: "Rabble-rousers" are not welcome in the Parliament
- Uzbekistan: The monuments of classical writers of oriental literature are removed in Samarqand
- The Moon-Faced, a film by Nazym Abbasov, is conquering the world
- Ferghana Events: 20 years later. History without a lesson?
- The Great Wall: The government of Uzbekistan to take total control over Internet
- Art photo in Uzbekistan: Negative outweighs positive
- The invasion of gypsy moth in the capital of Uzbekistan
- Uzbek Gastarbeiters learn new trades in the United States
- Most prominent lawyers in Uzbekistan to lose their licenses for unprofessional performance
- Uzbekistan: How to get rid of unwanted journalist?
- Uzbekistan: The advocacy becomes the part of executive authorities